What is Phosphatidylserine and How it Works
If you’re looking to lead a performance-driven and healthier life, there are many things you can do. Improve your diet, improve your morning and evening routines, and start taking daily supplements to improve your mind and body. Medicine and pharmacology have advanced a lot in recent years, and these days, we have a mammoth amount of supplements available. Now, unless in the past few decades you’ve attended gyms, a lot of nutritional supplements will have gone under the radar. Physical performance has always been the heavily researched area, as much of the science came from sports performance, how to beat numbers and how to perform in an optimal way for what was usually a singular event that took up, in most cases less than 3-5% of your day. The remaining mainstream data tended to be around condition management. Things have changed in the past few years and the other 95% of someone's day has been considered. How do we perform optimally all day every day? One of the supplements that have come to mainstream attention is Phosphatidylserine – due to the many potential benefits it brings to the table. We’re going to take a deeper look at Phosphatidylserine, define how it’s used and what it does, as well as explore the safety of the stuff – so sit back, relax, and enjoy the definitive guide to one of the most buzzing supplements of 2021.
What is Phosphatidylserine?Phosphatidylserine is a fatty substance, as well as one of the main components of brain cell membranes. It’s one of your neurons’ most essential elements, as it’s tasked with keeping your mind and memory sharp, slick, and functional (Already sounds promising right). The amount of Phosphatidylserine decreases with age, which is one reason why older people don’t have such a good grasp of their memory. Aside from serving a pivotal role in your neurons, Phosphatidylserine is the fatty substance that covers every cell in your body and serves a vital role in things such as clotting. Phosphatidylserine is produced in your body, and it’s mostly derived from the food we eat. With modern diets being far less diverse and nutritional, we don’t get nearly as much Phosphatidylserine as we used to from our diet, which is one of the main reasons people supplement with it.
Mechanisms of PhosphatidylserinePhosphatidylserine is a chemical component that is tasked with wrapping the individual cells of your body up. It’s a fatty substance that is chemically tasked with protecting your cells, as it’s a critical component of all of the body’s cell structures. Furthermore, it serves many functions across the body and brain, such as clotting, cell protection, and other cellular functions.
Potential BenefitsThere are quite a lot of potential benefits if you’re looking to include Phosphatidylserine supplements into your daily supplement regimen, and most of them are based on improving your cellular function, memory, and mental capabilities. Some people tend to associate Phosphatidylserine with Nootropics such as piracetam, which are cognition enhancement drugs – but no research suggests that Phosphatidylserine acts as a nootropic in any way. Some of the proposed benefits of Phosphatidylserine supplementation are:
- Remedy ADHD
- Improved mood
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia relief
- Improved memory
- Stress relief
- Decreased depression
- Enhanced athletic performance