A Complete Guide to Overcoming Fear and Moving on With Your Life
They say no one is born with fears. They are learned, and, as such, they can be unlearned. However, it takes a good dose of patience, courage, and self-discipline to get there. Developing a healthy routine surrounding your fears is the only way to make them go away. Every person on this planet has their fears, something that scares them a lot. They weren’t born with these fears but instead picked them up along the way. Dealing with these fears can be demanding, time-consuming, and challenging for everyone. Fortunately, fears can be driven away and unlearned. The most common fears include:
- Loss of a family member
- Loss of life
- Loss of a loved one
- Loss of money
- Fear of personal and professional failure
Understanding Fight or FlightThe first step of dealing with your fears is to understand just how severe your condition is. There are a couple of ways to do it. According to a study, you have to face your fears to conquer them. To do that, you must first understand how fear works:
- A paralysing action – fear can be so intense that it can completely paralyse you, resulting in a negative attitude and denial. The fear of failure is what prevents you from fighting your fears.
- Shutting your brain down – when a person experiences fear, their mind tends to shut down, and they’re not able to think straight.
- Fear causes anxiety – anxiety is best described as a constant feeling in your gut that something is wrong. It keeps you from being happy and satisfied.
- Faster and irregular heart rate
- Short breath
- Muscle weakness
- Uncontrollable sweating
- Complete paralysis
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Extreme muscle tension